Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's my birthday


So i raced buck hill.
I even had a real awesome start.
then we hit the sandy soft silty dirt and sand and I was sliding all over the place.
I held my own until i crashed in some soft stuff on the first lap. Got passed by almost 10 riders.
But I recovered my groove, and 5 minutes later same exact thing, over the handlebars.

So after the third time I was a lot more timid with the front brakes.
So I reeled in about 4 or 5 riders in the ensuing madness (laps),
and finished somewhere mid pack.

I think I may have ridden over a small bird that didn't get out of the way when I was coming in before I hit the down hill into the finishing area. what a way to end the evening. It made me sad thinking how dumb that was for me to hurt an innocent animal just so I can have fun. I looked for it after the race but couldn't remember where it was that it had happened. The song conscience of a cannibal by drop dead would not leave my head. What a weird thing to have happen that close to the end of a race. I could blame the bird for not getting out of my way like a smart bird would, but I was on it's turf doing something pointless and unnecessary. I hope i missed it.

So yeah , happy birthday to me.
Rushed home to have dinner with some friends at French Meadows, flat bread pizza, vegan entree of curry and brown rice with a "killer" chocolate torte. Talk about the perfect recovery meal, and no dead little birds.

weird


So now I am 20-11 or 31 officially. I seemed to have recovered from Sundays effort nicely. Lets see How I recover from the cold press coffee i had for breakfast. I am still feeling amped at this hour. Yikes
Thanks to all who showed up, sorry to the my fellow hublings, I am bad at organizing things like that.

2 comments:

paul said...

Happy birthday you weirdo

veganerd said...

late happy birthday hippy.