Wednesday, May 2, 2007

MAY DAY MAY DAY, Opus runs Amok

21 lap Race
20 2/3 laps completed
the road narrows
artistic rendering of my expression


This is my expression due to a rider on the ground
he's right in front of me
his body is a perfect ramp,
though his bike is not.
below is a recreation of me being superman.
Me recreating the fear of close quarter riding when your on the ground
and bikes are coming at you @30mph
luckily I didn't get hit.




I made it out relatively unscathed.
Dag was unconscious for a bit, and the rider
I launched over has to be hurting today.

I don't get why Seano seems to think crits are dangerous!

4 comments:

paul said...

dang, that sucks. Glad I didn't ride the cinelli that night. Update from the MCF road riding list: (from Paul Schoening) :
"
Addison Bain (MNJRC) was pretty banged up but will be okay. He lives in Austin but spent the night up in the Cities to recover. Dag Selander (MNJRC Coach) got the worst of it. He was knocked out so has a mild concussion, bruised shoulder and he broke his hand so he'll be out for awhile. "

caleb said...

nice reinactment..broadway is calling

paul said...

hey, I think we should send a card to Dag. I'll try and get one and we can all sign it from the hub cycling league. later,

Patch O'Houli said...

Shave.